A challenging aspect of teaching future healthcare professionals arises when preparing them for strenuous interpersonal moments. This panel features faculty from across UTHSC sharing the ways they teach their learners to handle difficult conversations in both didactic and clinical settings. Faculty from Medicine, Nursing, and Health Professions share teaching strategies for preparing learners to give upsetting news to patients, talk about sensitive subject matter, and engage in conversations around politically and socially charged issues. Audience members are invited to contribute their own strategies to the conversation and will receive information on evidence-based teaching strategies for navigating onerous subjects.
- Kelly Jo Fulkerson Dikuua, PhD, Teaching & Learning Center
- Lauren Woods, PhD, College of Health Professions
- Christie Manasco, PhD, College of Nursing
- Thomas Yohannan, MD, College of Medicine
- Tyler Kiles, PharmD, College of Pharmacy